Travertine Do's and Dont's
What are the Do's and Dont's of Travertine?
- DO clean up spills immediately to minimize damage to your stone.
- DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
- DO use place mats under china, ceramics, silver and other objects that can scratch the stone's surface.
- DO use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- DO clean surfaces regularly with Professional Cleaner & Protector.
- DO use a tray for toiletry products in the bathroom to protect the surface from the damaging chemicals contained in many toiletry products.
- DO dust mop marble floor tile regularly.
- DO use door mats inside and out along with runners and area rugs on marble floors.
- DON'T wait to clean up spills on stone.
- DON'T use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub cleaners.
- DON'T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners.
- DON'T use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- DON'T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
- DON'T use scouring powders and abrasives because they will scratch the surface.
- DON'T Place toiletry products directly on the countertop surface.